The Board of Trustees has authority to contract with established tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable corporations to: operate, supplement, maintain or deliver purchased services within: community mental health centers, mental health clinics or comprehensive mental health service providers. Funding is contractual and performance-based. Billing and treatment records are audited.
Applicant Agency Eligibility
Applicant agencies are required to document legal status and mental health operations, including but not limited to:
- IRS charitable tax-exemption, Missouri incorporation, and financial audit
- Agency is a going concern in Jackson County, Missouri, providing mental health care for at least three years prior to initial application
- Quality assurance, treatment records and licensure meet State requirements and Board of Trustees standards
Preparing for a First Application
- Review the Service System Guidelines, especially the sections on eligible services, cultural competence and accountability.
- Complete the online Pilot Project Eligibility Checklist. New users set up an account and can save their information until their documentation ready for submission.
- Once the checklist is submitted, we will respond. We may ask for additional information or clarification before setting up a telephone meeting with leadership of the interested agency.